Fourways Equestrian Club
The home of Equestrian
The Fourways Equestrian Club was founded in 2012 by a group of enthusiastic equestrians with the intention of developing the equestrian sport and all relating disciplines. The Club is affiliated with the SAEF and all relevant discipline specific governing bodies including SANESA.
The Club is hosted by The Fourways Riding Centre which has been our home base for the past 8 years. Fourways Riding Centre was started in 1993 in Mnandi after Marion moved to Johannesburg in 1992 at the age of 40 years. Fourways Riding Centre was for a while situated in Sun Valley on the property of Patrick Kaye, where the first Children’s and Pony rider derby was held in 1995. In 2000 Fourways Riding Centre was relocated to the property of Bryce McCall. In September 2001, Fourways Riding Centre relocated to it’s current location where Marion settled down and built it to what competitors and riders know today.
The venue started out with only 1 arena and Marion slowly started expanding. Today Fourways Riding Centre consists of the Milton International Martin Collins CLOPF fibre arena with it’s own warm up, the Rose Festival Arena with it’s own warm up, the Flying Tiger arena, the dressage arena and the lovely cross country course. Fourways has hosted many big events, including the Velcro show with over 800 Pony Riders taking part, the FEI world Jumping Challenge, SANESA qualifiers and Eventing Nationals and many prestigious dressage shows. Fourways Riding Centre is a vibey yard where clients become family.
We offer our club members the option of competing on both a graded or recreational level with competitive annual club fees. Each member also received 10% discount on show and clinic entries as well a earning loyalty points. The Fourways Equestrian Club is a family friendly club with a vibey atmosphere and we welcome all ages and all levels to our family.
– 70 Permanent stables with the option of either Full Livery or DIY “Do It Yourself”
– 50 Temporary show stables
– 4 arenas with their own warm up arenas
– Lucious paddocks with option of group/individual
– Qualified FEI Coaches
– A qualified level 3 paramedic on sight
– Owner is CEEPSA registered
– Lovely horses and ponies from beginners to the more advanced riders
– Multi-discipline venue: Show Jumping, Eventing, Dressage, Equitation and Showing
– Regular shows, clinics, open days, family days and workshops
– Fourways Riding Centre also plays host to the Fourways Equestrian Club
MEET THE COMMITTEE
EVENTS, TECHNICAL AND FACILITIES
SECRETARY AND ADMINISTRATOR
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
MARKETING & PUBLICATIONS
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
TREASURER AND OFFICIALS REP